The Metal X 3D Printer forges parts quickly and affordably
Meet the Metal X by Markforged. The Metal X 3D Printer uses 4th generation Markforged composite 3D printing technology. The Metal X eliminates safety risks associated with traditional metal 3D printing methods by printing metal powder bound in a plastic matrix.
Metal X - How it Works
The Metal X 3D Printer dominates the industry. The Metal X printer is up to 10 times less expensive than alternative metal 3D printers and up to 100 times less than traditional fabrication technologies like machining or casting.
The Metal X is a brand new metal 3D Printer that can produce fully-functional metal parts. The Metal X eliminates the safety risks associated with traditional metal additive manufacturing while enabling new features like closed-cell infill for reduced part weight and cost.
- First, CAD your product, upload the STL, and choose from a wide range of metals.
- Next, metal powder bound in plastic prints layer by layer into the shape of your design.
- Then, the plastic dissolves, and the metal sinters in a furnace.
- Now, the robust, functional, metal parts are ready for use.
For more info check out Markforged's Metal X Design Guide.
Metal X Capabilities
The Metal X 3D printer offers an end-to-end manufacturing system that makes producing metal parts unprecedentedly simple. Markforged and the Metal X offers s cloud-based management software that enables you to 3D print plastic, metal, and composite parts straight from your browser. The Metal X provides a built-in touchscreen interface allows for each user's experience to be smooth and hassle-free. The Metal X makes reducing waste easy as well with automatic material usage tracking.
The Metal X's unique capabilities:
- Eiger - the world's most advanced 3D printing software
- Atomic diffusion additive manufacturing technology for an innovative way to produce metal parts
- Fully enclosed build chamber, ultra-quiet motion system, and an environmentally enclosed material storage
Metal X Post-processing Equipment
Markforged Sinter-1 and the Metal X
The Sinter-1 is a high-performing, medium-sized furnace that is fast and affordable. Place multiple parts on a ceramic bed and slide them into a uniform hot zone with ease. Allow the furnace to sinter, and in just hours you have perfectly sintered parts. The Sinter-1 connects to Markforged software to monitor the sintering run and send you an email when the part is complete.
- Furnace Dimensions: 1,067 mm x 483 mm x 406 mm
- Furnace Volume: 4,760 cubic cm
- Peak Temperature: 1,300° C
Markforged Sinter-2 and the Metal X
For printing large-parts and batch production with the Metal X 3D P rinter, the Sinter-2 has an expansive hot zone that can get the job done. During the sintering process, the part is run through a series of ramp and hold temperatures. The metal powders sinter together fused up to 99 percent dense metal - leaving you with a part with exceptional strength and stiffness. Additionally, you'll be able to login to the connected software at any time to monitor the sintering process.
- Furnace Dimensions: 1,200mm x700 mm x 1,500 mm
- Furnace Volume: 19,644 cubic cm
- Peak Temperature: 1,300° C
Markforged Wash-1 and the Metal X
Clean your freshly printed part in just hours! The Wash-1 removes about half of the binding material from an object by immersing it in a specialized fluid. The washing station connects to Markforged software, making the process as simple as running a dishwasher. The software lets you know precisely how long the wash will take and will alert you with an email when the part is ready for sintering.
- External Dimensions: 609 mm x 685 mm x 1,067 mm
- Washing Volume: 18,356 cubic cm