In a world so dependent on metal, we need a solution to forge parts fast and affordably
Finally, there is an answer - meet the Metal X by Markforged. Unlike other traditional metal 3D printing technologies, The Metal X uses Markforged's 4th generation composite 3D printing technology. By printing metal powder bound in a plastic matrix, the Metal X eliminates safety risks associated with traditional metal 3D printing methods.
See How the Metal X Works
Up to 10 times less expensive than alternative metal 3D printers and up to 100 times less than traditional fabrication technologies like machining or casting - The Metal X dominates the industry.
At a Glance: Produce fully-functional metal parts with a brand new kind of metal 3D printer. The Metal X eliminates the safety risks associated with traditional metal additive manufacturing while enabling new features like closed-cell infill for reduced part weight and cost.
- First, CAD your product, upload the STL, and choose from a wide range of metals.
- Next, metal powder bound in plastic prints layer by layer into the shape of your design.
- Then, the plastic dissolves, and the metal sinters in a furnace.
- Now, the robust, functional, metal parts are ready for use.
For more info check out Markforged's Metal X Design Guide.
Metal X Capabilities
With this end-to-end manufacturing system, producing metal parts has never been simpler. A cloud-based management software enables you to 3D print plastic, metal, and composite parts straight from your browser. A built-in touchscreen interface allows for each user's experience to be smooth and hassle-free. Reducing waste is made easy as well with the Metal X's automatic material usage tracking.
Take full advantage of the Metal X's unique capabilities:
- Eiger - the world's most advanced 3D printing software
- Atomic diffusion additive manufacturing technology for an innovative way to produce metal parts
- Fully enclosed build chamber, ultra-quiet motion system, and an environmentally enclosed material storage
Metal X Post-processing Equipment
The Sinter-1 is a high-performing, medium-sized furnace that is fast and affordable. Place multiple parts on a ceramic bed and slide them into a uniform hot zone with ease. Allow the furnace to sinter, and in just hours you have perfectly sintered parts. The Sinter-1 connects to Markforged software to monitor the sintering run and send you an email when the part is complete.
- Furnace Dimensions: 1,067 mm x 483 mm x 406 mm
- Furnace Volume: 4,760 cubic cm
- Peak Temperature: 1,300° C
For printing large-parts and batch production, the Sinter-2 has an expansive hot zone that can get the job done. During the sintering process, the part is run through a series of ramp and hold temperatures. The metal powders sinter together fused up to 99 percent dense metal - leaving you with a part with exceptional strength and stiffness. Additionally, you'll be able to login to the connected software at any time to monitor the sintering process.
- Furnace Dimensions: 1,200mm x700 mm x 1,500 mm
- Furnace Volume: 19,644 cubic cm
- Peak Temperature: 1,300° C
Clean your freshly printed part in just hours! The Wash-1 removes about half of the binding material from an object by immersing it in a specialized fluid. The washing station connects to Markforged software, making the process as simple as running a dishwasher. The software lets you know precisely how long the wash will take and will alert you with an email when the part is ready for sintering.
- External Dimensions: 609 mm x 685 mm x 1,067 mm
- Washing Volume: 18,356 cubic cm