Nature is not linear. Effective engineering analysis often needs to go beyond basic linear analysis and include nonlinear effects to improve product design and manufacturing. This course will breakdown and simplify the types and applications of the nonlinear solutions techniques available with Femap and NX Nastran. The course will help provide a “roadmap” for the students to follow when deciding when nonlinear analysis is required, choosing the most appropriate nonlinear solution types and techniques, and the setting up, debugging, solving and optimizing nonlinear FEA analyses. Developed and taught by nonlinear experts, the course includes lectures and “hands-on” course exercises that provide practical applications of nonlinear analysis. The course also includes short simple quizzes to enhance knowledge retention, discussion forums to interact with other students and the instructors and all files related to the course exercises.
|Duration:||Two 6-hour Online Sessions|
After completing this course students are able to:
- Decide when an nonlinear analysis is required.
- Be able to explain the different types of nonlinear analysis.
- Define the most appropriate modeling and nonlinear solution strategy for a given situation.
- Correctly interpret the results.
- Utilize these results to optimize product performance.
The course is intended for design engineers who already have a foundational understanding of FEA but need to use nonlinear solutions techniques to predict product behavior more closely.
Prerequisites: FEMAP 101 or similar work-related experience with FEMAP and NX NASTRAN.
- Brief overview of theoretical solutions to simple dynamics problems
- Linear vs. Nonlinear Analysis
- Nonlinear Solution Algorithms
- Analysis Convergence/General Recommendations
- Advancing Schemes
- Nonlinear Output Control
- Geometric Nonlinearity
- Geometric Stiffening
- Follower Forces
- Nonlinear Elastic
Course Exercises (including all required related files)
Recorded lectures for all modules of the course
(Sessions 1 & 2)
|Registration Deadline||August 17|
Inquire About This Course
Please complete the form below and one of our training representatives will contact you to discuss scheduling: