Being able to effectively analyze structures for dynamic issues is a critical part of ensuring high quality designs. Our Simcenter Femap Dynamics course provides and in-depth of study of dynamics using FEMAP and Simcenter Nastran with a focus on practical applications to help analysts solve a wide range of structural dynamic issues and improve products quality. Written by experienced dynamics experts, this course includes lectures and “hands-on”course exercises that reveal approaches to dynamic analyses that the student will be able to use to improve product performance. The course also includes short simple quizzes to enhance knowledge retention, discussion forums to interact with other students and the instructors and all files related to the course exercises.
|Duration:||Six 4-hour Online Sessions|
The goal of this course is to significantly improve the student’s “insight” into the dynamic response of structures and ensure they can select and efficiently perform the appropriate analyses to optimize product performance.
Designers and engineers who are moving into the area of dynamic analysis who need to use FEMAP and Simcenter Nastran to perform those analyses to predict dynamic structural behavior under a wide variety of conditions.
Prerequisites: FEMAP 101 or similar work-related experience with FEMAP and Simcenter NASTRAN but no other background knowledge is required.
- Brief overview of theoretical solutions to simple dynamics problems
- Classifications of dynamics environments
- Dynamic excitation
- Practical modeling considerations
- Commonly used elements and how these should be used in dynamics analysis
- Tips and hints on model versification such as weight and Groundcheck
- Eigenvalue (Modal) analysis focusing on why and when to use modal analysis
- Important facts and results regarding mode shapes and natural frequencies
- Rigid body modes with an emphasis on issues of ridged body modes causes by errors in modeling
- Direct and modal frequency response and when and how to use.
- Frequency response analysis – with practical hint and tips
- Dynamic data recovery
- Viscous and structural damping
- Direct and modal transient reasons analysis
- Restarts of dynamics analysis
- Defining transient excitation
- Residual vector methods (getting better results even with few modes)
- Enforced motion (base input accelerations, displacements or velocities) for earthquake or swept sine shaker test simulations
- Random vibration and powerspectral density (PSD’s) input
Course Exercises (including all required related files)
Recorded lectures for all modules of the course
Inquire About This Course
Please complete the form below and one of our training representatives will contact you to discuss scheduling:
Simcenter Femap Tutorials